MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Rescue...

The Rescue Mission...
a fun day in the
life of a
jewelry
designer.
In October,
I met a new friend.
Somehow,
she seems like
someone I've always known.
 Joyce is beautiful
both
inside
and
out.
 We met up a couple of weeks ago...
in her haunt.
So that I could,
SEARCH, RESCUE and REUSE.
 We started here...
lots to see,
great things 
were found,
and great things
were rescued.
Wonderful old buildings
with natural patina
to
inspire...
 Case and cases of vintage items,
filled with once worn,
once loved,
and now somehow forgotten treasures.
Just waiting for someone like me...
that someone whom will take the time
to take the worn,
once loved,
now forgotten treasures
and
breathe new life into them.
My motto is to:
Search, Rescue and Reuse...

Lunch:
found us in the neighboring state,
at a lovely quaint,
coffee shop,
overlooking this gorgeous waterfall
and its beautiful surroundings.

(see picture at the top and bottom of this post)
As we made our way into yet another antique shop,
I marveled at the beauty
of this small town atmosphere.
This multi-dealer site once again,
with hours of searching,
and more rescuing,
provided this designer girl
with fun elements for her work
as a vintage
redesign
jewelry
designer...
Do you source out
your local
antique shops
for
your designs?
($22.00 each)
 Walls of
gorgeous
patinaed
hardware...
traces of old paint,
intricate details,
gorgeous metal hardware...
 ($12.00 each)
fabulous finds,
for
a
vintage redesign girl...
 While leaving this
quaint town,
so filled with beauty...
I came upon
this wonderful landmark,
and a photo opp
was born.
 Thank you Joyce,
for providing me
with a much needed day,
 filled with fun,
laughter,
work,
and play,
The heart to heart convos,
bonding us as
friends and soul sisters.

Take a peak at this link
which provides a view,
 of one of the design elements
(a single cowboy boot)
which I
bought on this jaunt,
and
made a redesigned necklace with it.


4 comments:

  1. Gretchen, your photos just make me melt. Would love to know the editing program for those effects!

    Looks like you had a very well deserved day with a great friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gretchen!
    Thank you for
    all of your lovely
    comments. It was
    fun to pop over and
    take a peek at what
    you've been up to : )
    This field trip looks
    like sooooo much fun!
    Isn't it the best to
    connect with a bloggy
    friend in real life
    and just talk and talk
    and share a love of
    many different things?
    I bet you floated home,
    full of inspiration.
    Loved the Cow Girl.
    The blue ribbon DOES
    make it sing!
    Here's to a wonderful
    week.....
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for taking the time to leave me such nice comments. I truly appreciate it!
    Sweet Melissa I've emailed you privately with the info. you've requested. Good luck with your photo editing process. It is so much fun, but also very time consuming, however, I so enjoy the results.
    Love the search and rescue process for the items I redesign with, so this trip with Joyce truly was a fun time.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to get away and even more fun when spent with a good friend. :-)
    Such wonderful treasures, thank you for sharing. Wishing you all the best, enjoy the rest of your week. ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style