MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Frenchie Swap - "I'd Rather Be In Paris"

Hey guys, just a quick little blog post to keep you up on the ins and outs of what is going on here in Minnesota. I am participating in a small Frenchie swap with some other bloggers through out the United States and am very excited to be included in this group. My swap partner will be Lisa from http://la-rustique-market.blogspot.com/ in Texas. I am so looking forward to this swap and couldn't be happier with the theme - "I'd Rather Be In Paris".

Shelley of www.sweetpeahome.blogspot.com is hosting this swap. Here's what she has organized. Shelley chose the ladies that are involved in the swap, and then she let each of us know today whose name you have and you put together a package of found objects, vintage items, etc that have a French theme and mail the package to your partner on a designated date. The spending limit is $20-$25 and that doesn't include postage. You may submit a list of "wish items" or likes and dislikes to your partner, or let it be a surprise!

I'll post again when I send out my partners items around the 22nd of June about this swap and after I've received my items from Lisa in Texas.

What a great opportunity for me, and to think I'm selling in a French Flea shop in Minnesota, now a part of a Paris swap, and do you think maybe a trip to Paris might be in store for me next?

One can dream, right!

7 comments:

  1. Hi! Gretchen,

    I'm excited to be your swap partner. You have a lovely blog and btw "I'd Rather Be In Paris" myself. I will e-mail you my likes and dislikes after my visit on your blog. Have a great evening!

    Peace~
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you Gretchen! Sounds like a really neat idea. I know Lisa will love whatever you are sending her. You have great taste! Can't wait to see what you come up with and what you receive! I will be checking in. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I think a trip to Paris is next for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...fun idea! Can't wait to see what you get (and what you send)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very into this swap! Looking for that free trip to Paris too. lol In my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretchen...ooh la la! Right up your alley for sure, and what fun too!

    A flea market in Paris...can we all go??

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's nice to meet you, gretchen:) i'm in the paris swap also - and i am representing the upper midwest right along with you! love your blog...

    mary

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style