MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Friday, April 10, 2009

"The French Flea" - An Occasional Market Place

French inspired brass # necklace with vintage faux pearls and chain.
French inspired # necklace details of the back dangle.
I have such exciting news to share with you my blogger friends. I am privileged to be a part of a new occasional market that is opening in Anoka, Minnesota. We are really excited about this new venture as there isn't anything like this style currently offered in an occasional market style setting on the north end of the Minneapolis suburbs.

"The French Flea" will obviously be French inspired. The colors sold in the shop will be calm and mostly neutrals which is typical French, but there will be some additional touches of color too. Beautiful furniture, accessories for your home, re purposed items, architectural pieces, garden furnishings, vintage chic and funky items and one-of-a-kind.
I have the privilege of selling my "vintage redesign jewelry" at this shop. I am so honored and excited. I've included a few examples in this post.
An occasional market is a shop that sets up vignettes, display areas like you'd see in a home and provides new and fresh product in a two month cycle. The shops that are run as an occasional shop are usually open only part of one week per month. This allows the vendors and artisan's time to gather, re purpose, restyle, paint and design new pieces for the following months sale.
So here is the details:
Opening the doors for the first time during Anoka Diva Days.
Friday May 1st 10-5
Saturday May 2nd 10-5
Grand Opening!
Wednesday * May 13th * 3-7 pm
(treats in the back courtyard for customers and friends)
Thursday * May 14th * 10-6
Friday * May 15th * 10-5
Saturday * May 16th * 10-5
Sunday * May 17th * 12-4

This necklace focal is a fabulous vintage brass clasp with three vintage aqua and gold beads cascading down from the clasp. This is truly a one-of-a-kind necklace that no one else will have and really makes an impact.

The gorgeous vintage glass aqua and black swirl beads are bold and beautiful. They are a fabulous addition to this necklace. There are also another vintage aqua bead that is included in this design and are with vintage fluted gold beads to keep the aqua color as the focus of this piece.

You can see most of this necklace in this photo, and the brass #1400 is such a cool element in this vintage redesign.

Upcoming Dates:

June 11-14

July 9-12

August 13-16

September 10-13

October 8-11

Always open every second Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the month.

If you're in the area and can make the sale dates, please stop in and visit this wonderful new shop. We painted this week and the flooring is currently being worked on. We will be setting up soon and ready to go by May 1. When we get completed with this work I will post a blog with before and after photos to share with you all.


6 comments:

  1. Gretchen, congratulations in your new venture!! These are some beautiful pieces...... even those that don't pass your own critique are beautiful, that's what make you such a great designer -- your pieces won't ever be shoddy!

    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great new venture for you to share your designs! Wishing you all the best!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes Gretchen...hope to make it to Anoka to see your new space soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! Gretchen! That's great! I'll have to share your shop news with friends who live in Anoka - they will be thrilled! Best of luck!

    Happy Easter!

    Eileen http://ruralwisconsin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These necklaces are just beautiful! You find such neat chains! & those aqua beads are gorgeous....

    Love the brass oval numbers! I have some round number tags in brass and some in "mystery metal"---will have to keep my eyes open for some oval ones.........

    Can't wait to see the before & after photos of your new shop! It sounds so cool!

    Knock their socks off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gretchen,

    Oh, I am so glad you wrote on my blog again - the first time you commented, I went to your blog and just flipped over your necklaces - I wanted to leave you a comment and I got distracted with something and then when I returned to my computer I went straight to my writing and didn't return but had meant to leave you a nice comment. So, when you commented again, I didn't remember your blog, so I once again clicked on it, and when I saw it was "you" I said aloud to my computer, "oh! the necklace lady!!" So as usual, I take the scenic route to get to my point: You have GREAT stuff! I am not a huge jewelry person and whenever I do wear a few things, it is usually from an artist. And I LOVE your stuff - I usually wear chokers or "wrap" chains - chains that I can wrap around into a choker. And I don't wear big clunky stuff, but I like interesting things - it is nice to find someone with a good eye (I bet you have two though - haha ). I am sure I will be treating myself to one of your treasures in the near future.

    Thanks for sharing your photos - and I love the little book background, of course - and the reminder of the reason for the Easter season too :-)

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style