MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Monday, January 26, 2009

Vintage Necklace Redesign "SOLD"

So you may be wondering, where has Gretchen been and what has she been doing? Well, I tell you what, I haven't been just laying around doing nothing. Since I last posted, I've created 50 new button style pendants, a "Livestrong" cancer bracelet in memory of my Mom whom I lost to cancer, created about 10 pairs of new earrings, spent a day working on a new style of business cards and business tags. I've also been working on a "contributor challenge" for Junk Market Style a group I am highly involved with. To see more about that visit this link at: http://www.junkmarketstyle.com/item/6509/jms-contributors-challenge .
So until I have a bit more time to post all of my new items I've been designing and do it properly, I am showcasing this gorgeous vintage redesigned necklace that I made. The original necklace left much to be desired and surely wasn't something I would wear, but it had great bones about it. I kept some of the existing chains intact, as well as the great focal tassle and than added to it.

I had a fine set of vintage white pearls that were from a vintage necklace that I took apart and decided to use these pearls to form the shorter portion of the neckalce and to set off the fabulous pearl/focal that I recreated.

Note the detailing of this focal piece. It has vintage AB crystal rhinestones set into it, as well as small seed bead pearls and very fine detailed gold filigree floral embellishments. This is truly a lovely and wearable piece of jewelry now for the time and era we now live in. It has a new life!
The focal was made with the use of a vintage mother of pearl button as a backer and the fabulous vintage clip on earring that has been attached to the button to form this fabulous redesign.

The final photo doesn't do this piece justice at all, but it shows the overall effect. The tassle pearls, the pearl strand of beads, and the focal piece with pearls, all combined give this a look that is stunning when worn. This piece is now "SOLD".

4 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie!

    I haven't been around in awhile at "Junk"...but, wanted to let you know that this piece is goregous! Great job...xo...deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Gretchen! How about a picture of it on a model....human or mannequin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to photograph this on someone soon Cassie.
    Thanks for the nice comments. I think this piece is sold already, but the gal needs to see it in person first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this piece, Gretchen! You are so fantastic at making jewelry. I love everything you do! Awesome!

    Lani

    ReplyDelete

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style